This tutorial will take you through, step-by-step, the process for installing and setting up the Gravity Forms Stripe Add-on.
Note: The images and videos shown in this article are from the new Gravity Forms version 2.5 form builder. Version 2.5 is currently in Beta and not recommended for use in production sites. You can learn more about 2.5-beta here.
- Gravity Forms Pro License
- SSL Certificate Installed and Configured
- A Stripe account
- A Stripe account login with user role of “owner” or “administrator”
Installing and Activating Stripe
- Go to Forms => Add-Ons
- Locate Stripe
- Click “Install“
- Click “Activate Plugin“
The Stripe Settings
Connecting Gravity Forms to your Stripe account.
- Go to Forms => Settings => Stripe
Part 1: Selecting Your Mode and Connect to Stripe
- Click “Test“
- Click “Connect with Stripe“
- If you’re not logged in, Click “Sign in” top right of screen and enter your credentials
- Select the account you want to connect with
- Click “Connect my Stripe account“
Once you are redirected back to the Stripe Settings page. You should see “Connected to Stripe as your account name” as well as a “Disconnect” button.
Note: You will need repeat steps for 1-5 to also connect the “Live” mode.
Part 2: Creating Your Webhooks
- Click “View Instructions“
- Copy the provided URL
- Click the link provided in the popup instructions
- Toggle on “View test data”
Note: Only complete this step when setting up the Test Mode
- Click “Add endpoint“
- Past URL into “Endpoint URL” field
- Set Version to “Latest API Version“
- Click “receive all events“
- Click “Add endpoint“
- Back in the Stripe add-on settings, you will need to check the box, “I have enabled the Gravity Forms webhook URL in my Stripe account.”
Part 3: Choosing Your Payment Collection Method
You can either allow users to enter their credit card details on your site within your form, “Stripe Credit Card Field (Elements, SCA-ready)“, or you can choose to have your customers redirected to a Stripe hosted page to enter their credit card details and complete their purchase, “Stripe Payment Form (Stripe Checkout, SCA-ready)“.
- Final step. Click “Save Settings“
Now that your Stripe account is connected and setup, you can move on to the next step of creating a Stripe compatible form, and / or add a Stripe feed to one of your existing forms.
For additional assistance or questions, please use the comments below.